Traffic Safety Working Group
In 2014 the Town Board established the Traffic Safety Working Group to advise the Town Board for the following purpose:
- Promote and encourage street and highway traffic safety.
- Formulate street and highway safety programs and coordinate efforts of interested parties and agencies engaged in traffic safety education
- Study traffic conditions on streets and highways, study and analyze reports of accidents and causes thereof, and recommend to the appropriate legislative bodies, departments or commissions such changes as deemed advisable in rules, orders, regulations and physical changes to the roadway, signage and other components of the roadway system
- Conduct meetings on a regular basis and invite to such meetings parties and agencies, public and private, interested in traffic regulation, control and safety
- Promote safety education for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
- Obtain and assemble motor vehicle accident data, and analyze, study and consolidate such data to evaluate potential changes to the roadway system and for educational and informational purposes
- Coordinate and direct local activities related to the implementation of the state highway safety program, as approved by the governor or his designee
- Make reports/recommendations to the Town Board as necessary.
- Provide a sustained and systematic mechanism and clearing house for considering concerns about traffic safety.
2023 Meeting Schedule
Wednesday, 3/15/23 @ 9:45 AM
Wednesday, 5/17/23 @ 9:45 AM
Wednesday, 7/19/23 @ 9:45 AM
Wednesday, 9/20/23 @ 9:45 AM
Wednesday,11/15/23 @ 9:45 AM
Don Scott – Chair
Michael Weisburger Exp. 8/31/23
Brendan Keegan Exp. 8/31/24
Mary Cassidy Exp. 8/31/23
David Dobbins Exp. 8/31/25
Drew Marchiano Exp.10/4/23
Geraldine Zikely Exp. 8/31/25
Sgt. Nancy Wallwork
Ellen Z. Calves
Join our mailing list and receive newsletters, reports and emergency updates.
You have Successfully Subscribed!