The Town of Bedford will host a special half-day event featuring speakers and specialists
to help seniors and caregivers navigate issues relevant to elderly people.
The event is free and all are welcome to attend.
Monday, December 5, 2022, 10am-1pm
Bedford Hills Community House
74 Main St., Bedford Hills
Come to Learn and Ask Questions about:
- Medicare Changes for 2023
- Elder Law (wills, health care proxies, etc)
- Health Care Forms
- Home Care or Assisted Living
- Free Transportation Options for Seniors
- Living on a Fixed Income in Challenging Financial Times
- New Town Tax Exemptions for Low Income Seniors
- Safety Supports in the Home
- and more!
Bring your Questions and Get help cutting through red tape!
Sign up when you arrive for a time slot for a consultation with the specialists.
- Westchester County Special Projects and Housing Director, Ronnie Cox
- Social Workers from “Westchester Disabled on the Move”
- Medicare Insurance Adviser and Specialist, Robert Remin*
- Lawyers from “Pace Justice Center”;
- Volunteer Rides Options for elder and the disabled with “My-TRA” President, Catherine Wynkoop;
- Pet Food Mobile Pantry founder of “Humane Nation” Doriane Lucia;
- Bedford Town Board Member and Liaison for the Senior Advisory Board, Bobbi Bittker;
- Manager of Aging Services, (specializing in needs of N. Westchester.), Joan Deitrick, MS Gerontology;
- From “Adult Protective Services” Mitchell Smith and Fanta Sandoval;
- Allie Whalen, Captain of “KBH volunteer Ambulance Corp”;
- Bedford’s Senior Advocate, Rosemary Vorel, MSAT
*due to time restrictions, this specialist may request you make an additional appointment with them at no charge
Questions? Contact the Town of Bedford Recreation and Parks Department at (914) 666-7004.