First Public Meeting
Town of Bedford Comprehensive Plan Update
Thursday May 13th (7-9pm)
Virtual Meeting (Zoom)
The Town of Bedford is updating their 2003 Comprehensive Plan and invites you to attend the first public meeting to get involved in planning the future of the Town of Bedford. The Plan that will be developed will guide future decision making on land use issues for the next 20 years.
This meeting will be facilitated by staff from Sam Schwartz Consulting who have been selected by the Town Board to help develop the Plan Update
WHERE ARE WE IN THE PROCESS?
WE ARE HERE!
FIRST PUBLIC MEETING
Plan Organization, Existing Conditions, & Issues
STAKEHOLDER INPUT MEETINGS
Town Stakeholder & Organization Meetings
Alternative Policies & Recommendations
Preliminary Draft Comprehensive Plan Update
Final Draft Comprehensive Plan Update
Adoption of Plan by Town Board
WHAT IS THIS MEETING ABOUT?
• Ask questions and share your ideas–we are just getting started!
• Organization and issues to be included in the Plan Update
• Offer observations about issues of concern
• Presentations on initial reports prepared by subcommittees:
• Transportation and Mobility
• Climate Resiliency
• Horse Farms and Other Agricultural Uses
Future meetings will focus on the following subcommittees:
• Hamlet of Bedford Village
• Hamlet of Bedford Hills
• Hamlet of Katonah
• Subcommittee draft reports will be available on the Town’s website: https://bedfordny.gov/departments/planning
“It’s been 18 years since the last update to the comprehensive plan–and a lot has changed since then.
Public input is critical to the success of the update. Our residents can have a large impact on the future
of the town by participating and providing their ideas during this process.”
Deirdre Courtney-Batson, Town of Bedford Planning Board Chair