Yes, the numbers are rising. Yes, it is cause for concern. Now more than ever, we need to act together as a community to prevent further spread of the virus. This is especially the case with Thanksgiving and the holiday season. Please keep yourself, your family and our community safe by observing safe practices.
Here are the essentials:
- The COVID-19 pandemic is far from over.
- COVID-19 is a serious infection that can have a long-term impact on your health.
- It spreads easily to people in close contact.
- You must wear a mask
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
- You must practice social distancing
- You do not need to have symptoms to give this virus to someone else.
- Children can get the virus too.
- Do not attend large gatherings indoors or out
- Contact your health care professional if you feel sick.
- Get tested if you’ve been exposed to anyone infected with the virus.
- If you have questions regarding eligibility or access for testing, call the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or visit the NYSDOH website https://covid19screening.health.ny.gov.
- Stay at home and avoid others while you wait for your test results
- We do not want to see the number of cases rise further.
- We must make small sacrifices now to protect the community.
- This is not the time to panic – but we must remain vigilant.
- Make small adjustments to your habits and take precautions now, to protect your family and friends from COVID-19 in the future.
- We know the holidays are coming, we know this is hard – but please help us protect you and your loved ones.