Dear Bedford Neighbor,
We are writing to make you aware of our Traffic Safety Working Group's work. Our goal is to promote safer roads here in Bedford by collaborating with relevant parties and agencies.
Our Key Objectives:
- Promote safety education for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
- Study traffic conditions, analyze accident reports, and recommend changes in rules, regulations, and physical aspects of the roadway system.
- Formulate street and highway safety programs and coordinate efforts of interested parties and agencies engaged in traffic safety education.
- Conduct regular meetings to engage parties interested in traffic regulation, control, and safety.
- Obtain and analyze motor vehicle accident data to evaluate potential changes to the roadway system and for educational purposes.
- Provide a mechanism for considering concerns about traffic safety once reviewed by police and highway.
If you have a specific concern about an unsafe condition in your neighborhood, depending on the issue, the best place to start is with the Bedford Police Department or the Highway Department.
Should you require further information or have any questions, please feel free to contact us by email. See the meeting times and see what issues we have been working on. We meet every other month.
All the best,
Traffic Safety Working Group