The Town Board has authorized funding in the amount of $1,250,000 for paving in 2023.
The following approved paving list was presented by DPW based on the roads DPW finds are in the worst condition.
Roads scheduled to be paved this year are:
- Harris Road from Beaver Dam Road to Bedford Center Road
- Main St. From Adams St to Church St
- Babbitt Road from Buxton to Robinson
- Babbitt Road from School St to Wesley Lane
- Cottage Terrace (paved side from Number 19 to Woodland Road)
- Woodland Road
- Beechwood Road
- Field St.
- South Beechwood Road
Main St from Church St to Springhurst will be held as an alternate and paved if adequate funds exist once the roads above are completed.
In addition, DPW intends to pave parking lots 4, 8, and 2 with budget parking lot improvement funds. Paving Lot 4 is contingent on the owner of 2 Depot Plaza properly abandoning the septic system in the lot.
Paving on Huntville Road will not occur until after the new sidewalk is installed which is slated for the end of the year or early next year depending on the contract associated with the grant funding from the state.