The Commission is responsible for maintaining the historic character of the designated historic area of the hamlet of Katonah.
Katonah is a rare surviving example of a turn of the century planned community and as the ‘village that moved.’
Most of the buildings in the area were either built or moved to their present sites within the 15-year period from 1885 to 1910 and present a microcosm of American architectural styles during that period. The area includes and surrounds the Katonah Greens, an integral part of the plan designed for Katonah by the landscape architects G.S. and B. S. Olmstead.
The Commission reviews any major changes to exterior appearance including building applications that include exterior changes to buildings.